Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Playing Grown-up

Often times we watch young kids as they play: "Ok she's the mommy, he's the daddy." or " I'm the teacher or doctor" (and it's not perverted)  It's cute! We all get a chuckle at them pretending to be grown-ups in their eyes.
Sometimes I feel like I am still playing grown up. When did I get to the point where I am not that kid pretending anymore. That I am now old enough to be considered that adult and I have to do it seriously. There is a flair button on facebook that says " When did we become adults and how do you make it stop?" 
 I look at things attempts to be an responsible adult:
Work
Pay Bills
Relationships (Friends, Spouse, Co-Workers etc)
Drive people to and from
Mentor/Disciple
Make phone calls to places like United Airlines to redeem my air milage
Travel
Cook and feed people                                                     
Be responsible for kids

What happen to the good ole days when I didn't have to worry about what I was doing so much as. I just had to worry that my bike was put away in the right spot.

So I step back and look at life. I see not only myself but others trying to play their part.
Ok your the mommy He's the daddy. You be the teacher and I am going to play the queen! :-) JK

So here's to playing the game of playing adults and hoping that I actually get it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment