Monday, April 11, 2011

Pushing against what seems to be walls.

I was talking to my friend today and I told her this comment: "I'm just mad at man kind right now!" Due to a circumstance of frustration (being at war with United). And my friend said something interesting to me that made total sense! She said " Charity, I feel like this, it, all of it, it's much deeper then that. Deeper then man kind."
Well I don't know about you but I had a forehead slapping moment! OF COURSE! It is much deeper then that. It's not against flesh and blood that I'm at war with. I am at war with the enemy of the King. Suddenly Months of struggles flashed before my eyes. Mostly in the financial aspect but also emotional, physical and spiritual struggles. It's been happening in all areas of my life. It's been little things here and there. Some bigger things as well.... But in the mist of it I had forgotten that my battle isn't against flesh and blood.
Sometimes I feel like that baby bird that struggled to get out of the egg.... It pushed and pecked it's way out, exhausted and free it looks up to see that it's in another egg. And then another and another and another.
I know that God never promised it would be easy. But sometimes I want to find the easy way out and try that road. Course me being oh so smart knows that that road is only going to bring worse things so I continue on this dang hard road.
I guess I just wish that I would find a jack pot with a good looking prince sitting on it next to a new home that was deeded to me by some distant relative that had payed all the bills for the rest of my life, a maid coming to daily, a garage with good reliable working vehicles and an IPhone.
Hey.... It could happen here... and it will for sure happen in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment