Thursday, June 18, 2009

Applying life to God

I have sat in many of church services that give you the 5 steps to apply God into your life. I sit there thinking, "Something is so wrong here" First off, I HATE steps! 
The seven steps to happiness, or the 5 steps to knowing who God is. Seriously steps are the stupidest things ever! As if I could know God in 5 steps! 
It also bothers me that I am being told to apply God to life. It's backwards. We really need to apply life to God.  Our lives should be lived not because we have God compartmentalized into our life. But we are compartmentalized our lives into HIS life
It makes sense that the smaller thing fits into the bigger thing. Duh! So why do we try to do the opposite when it comes to God? Why do we try to fit him into our lives? 

IT'S NOT GOING TO WORK PEOPLE!!!!! It's not about us! Whoa, there's a shocker!

So I have a challenge for the Bride of Christ.
Let us flip it around and put ourselves in God's life instead of trying to fit him into ours. It makes sense. He is oh so much more bigger then we are. He is better in every way. 
Really it JUST MAKES SENSE!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Good point! We humans are great at complicating things.

    ReplyDelete